Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Sugar Free Cakes?

One would not really think a sugar free cake would be good. One naturally - for many - that being sugar free means it would have an after taste or wouldn't be very good. I have tried a few sugar free cake mixes in the past. While they never had an after taste, success was on or off.

I have tried some sugar free frosting's too. I have tried the mix and the pre-made kind. The pre-made kind tastes a little on the sweet side and is thick.

Once I put the icing on the cake too soon - cake still rather warm from the oven - and the icing melted off. People still liked it (no one got sick). It was a cake I took to work for my birthday (a tradition where I worked).

Just because something is sugar free does not mean it is carb free too. I have tried sugar free gummy bears that had no sugar but did have a lot of carbs. I had to be careful how much I could eat without it affecting my blood sugar level too much.

I have tried some sugar free cake mixes from the eDietShop site. It was good but not really moist. It has been years since I tried it and I used a toaster oven to cook them. I tried their frosting mixes too. It was good. They have a lot of items for sale there. They also have recipes there too.

I have tried and will be trying a gain sugar free mixes from Pillsbury. I used a toaster oven to make them and they did not seem to rise much; not like one expected or hoped. My oven - at the time I tried it - was broken when my dad tried to clean it (a knife through the heating coil - it was used for storage after that). I always wanted to try again in case it was the oven and not the mix. Now that I have a working oven, I will give it another try. The result might be the same but I would know if it was the mix or the oven that was the problem. The cake turned out to be good but a little on the thick side.



These won't be the only ones I will be trying. When I find other sugar free cake mixes and other sugar free items, I will try them then blog about them. I like the trying and I am also learning too.

I helped my sister make an apple pie once. I peeled the apples. More recently, I helped my other sister make a blueberry pie. I helped with the crust. It was fun and informative.



a site about me


my art on things that can be used - more to come (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment