Thursday, August 2, 2018

T-Bones Great American Eatery

This is the menu cover. It looks fancy. There was a really nice selection of food inside. The restaurant felt comfortable and relaxing. The staff was friendly and attentive. The prices of the items were reasonable. 

My brother and I went to the T-Bones Great American Eatery. We had planned on going to Canobie Lake Park (we actually got there but everything was closing early and shutting down but we did get to go on a ride before they starting to shut things down) for the rides and water park but a severe storm closed it early. We decided to have lunch and thought this place looked good. I think this more than make up for not being able to go on the rides or use the water park (which we got tickets to go back to the park before September which we are definitely doing ). We thought the storm would not come till hours later. It came while were at the restaurant, which we arrived at soon after departing the park. Our weather apps didn't indicate it would come so soon but I guess the park thought better to be safe than sorry. 

When we left, we encountered the full storm (at least it felt that way). We did stop at a Bull Moose (bought a Snoopy book there and my brother bought three DVD's) store that we saw before arriving at the restaurant (for another blog on nerdy stuff). 
My brother had the fish and chips. He thoroughly enjoyed it. He said the onion rings were good. He let me try one and I agreed with him, it was good. One can see my brother (well part of him) behind the plate of food. Of the one onion ring I got to try, it was not heavy and had the right kind of crunchiness. 
I had the salmon casserole. It was really good. It wasn't so much that one was stuffed when one finished. It was the right combination of flavors. It had a good crust to it and the salmon pieces were not too big. The combination of ingredients really worked well together. 

The baked potato was done well. It wasn't over cooked or under cooked. It was soft and took the butter and sour cream well. I even ate the skin. Some places the skin is over cooked and tough. 

I asked for extra butter and sour cream. Usually they don't give me much when I ask for extra; assuming they remember to give extra at all. I had enough for my baked potato which I like with lots of butter and sour cream. I am glad it came with an extra napkin. I try to be careful but I sometimes drop food on myself. 







No comments:

Post a Comment