Monday, August 6, 2018

August First Friday Fellowship at the Custom House Maritime Museum in Newburyport MA

The August 2018 First Friday Fellowship meeting at the Custom House Maritime Museum in Newburyport MA had the food theme of Liverpool England UK of GB. 

There wasn't a lot of people that was attending. Perhaps many did not come because of the Yankee Homecoming or because there was supposed to be a storm coming. Either way, there was food left over that I got to try. 

Here is the blind scouse. It is a vegetarian dish. It is similar to the scouse but with Lima beans instead of meat. It was pretty good. 

Here is the scouse. It is like the blind scouse but with meat. I found 'scouse' on Wikipedia. 

This is toad in the hole. It was interesting. It was good. I think the name is really different. I found toad in the hole at Wikipedia. 

This is wet nelly.  I was told that in England, someone who is 'wet' is considered drunk. I find that interesting. I found wet Nelly on Wikipedia.

This is woolton pie. I found 'woolton pie' on Wikipedia. 

The lecture was about the men and women of the US Coast Guard. The first US Coast Guard was in Newburyport MA










No comments:

Post a Comment