Thursday, August 23, 2018

Land O Lakes Flavored Spreads?

I have seen, bought and used some flavored spreads - my word for them - from Land O Lakes. They are found in grocery stores, in the dairy section with the other butter and margarine spreads. I have found that they are moderately priced; not expensive for what one gets. They seem to come only in a certain size but I have found that it is adequate for what I use them for. 

They have honey butter spread, cinnamon sugar butter spread, and garlic and herb butter spread. I have found photos of them from the company site. 
I like this one since I can turn any toasted bread into cinnamon bread. I have tried it on regular baked potato and baked  sweet potato, tasted better on sweet potato. One can add some sour cream to it and it is - IMO - even better; IMO. 

This is not only good on bread but also good with pasta. I have added to pasta as a light sauce to it. As long as one does not over do it, it is pretty good. 

I cooked skinny spaghetti and heat up some spinach. I combined them together and added the garlic herb butter spread. Perhaps not my best idea but I liked it. It wasn't horrible but rather tasty; IMO. It was unique. I wonder if others would have liked it (maybe but I like it since I like to try food with 'an open mind' and not judge something before trying it). 


I think this on toasted bread and on non-toasted bread. It tastes nice. I have tried it on pasta as a light sauce. The results varies depending on what kind of pasta one is using it with. 

I have tried the above three on scones. I made scones using a box mix. It was pretty good. I am still looking for collated butter for the scones but that is a different blog. I might have to see if there is a way to make it. 

I usually use them soon after taking them out of the ice box. Perhaps if they were left out for awhile, they could be easier to spread. As such, it is not difficult to spread them or add them to different things. 

I have one with pumpkin spice flavoring. I don't see at their site. It is not bad on toast or crackers. Perhaps it is seasonal? 

The company makes other things too. That is for a future blog. 





(not a secure site but I am not selling anything from it - just a site about me).
(not sure if it is secure but the link above works - IIRC).

No comments:

Post a Comment