Sunday, August 26, 2018

Dinner at the Newer Black Cow in Newburyport MA

My brother and I decided to go for a walk and have supper at the Black Cow. They had moved to a new building; the one they are in now is owned by them and the one they moved from was rented (with them having to pay a percentage of their profit as well as rent to the owner - IIRC). 

We went upstairs to get the view and eat up there too. It was not easy seeing the river since there were a lot of lights. They did not serve upstairs since it was mainly for drinks and the raw bar. We went downstairs and got seated right away. It was a small table for two but big enough to hold the plates for two people. The seats were taller than regular seats. I think they were bar stools. It was comfortable. 

There is also seating on the street side of the restaurant. It seemed crowded so we did not try for it. There weren't a lot of tables there. 
This is the outside of the newer Black Cow. They have seating upstairs but it is mostly for drinks and the raw bar. The downstairs is where one eats. I think the ceiling is designed in a way that not only looks nice but also helps soften the sound so one can hear the person one is with. 

They have a bar that has a sail boat in the center. It is really neat. One can see the mast at the far end sticking up into the ceiling. 

This is the escargot that we ordered. My brother got one and I got one. The container was really hot but the plate was cool enough to touch. We had to let it cool down enough before we could eat it. It was not rubbery like some escargot is. We both thought it was really good. 
We had ordered the lobster bisque but got the clam chowder. Fortunately we got charged for the chowder and not the bisque which was more expensive than the chowder. I wanted a cup but got the bowl. The clams were small. It is fortunate that it was really good. Better than other seafood places. It was a good amount. We both ate ours with the oyster crackers. 
We both had the fish sandwich. The fish sandwich was really good. Parts of the breaded fish kept falling out of the sandwich but enough stayed in so I could eat. This happened to my brother too. 

The french fries was really good. We could not eat all the fries since we were full. We did not take the fries home since it is not that good when reheated. 

The Cole slaw was okay. It was rather dry. It is like it was only shredded cabbage without any kind of 'sauce' on it. I only tasted it and did not finish it. My brother did the same. It was the only downside to the meal. It did not keep us from enjoying everything else. 

My brother drank a Captains diet. He had two of them. He said it tasted strong. We were glad we were walking home. He said he needed to walk off his beverage. I needed to walk off mine too.

I had a diet cola. It was not that good. It was okay. I think it was a Diet Pepsi. I was thirsty and it was satisfied my thirst. 



working on it getting it more secure but it is just a personal website and nothing is being sold at it.
Me. :)
this is my store that sells stuff. It has stuff with my art on it, wearable / usable art. 
my bro. 


No comments:

Post a Comment