Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Mixed Drinks? Non-alcoholic ones?

There are times I enjoy a mixed drink. With me, my mixed drinks never involve alcohol. Some might say that it was a mixed drink. I say it is because I am mixing two different drinks and creating a new flavor / beverage. 

I like having orange juice in the morning but cannot have too much since I am diabetic. I fill the cup half way with orange juice and then add a different beverage. Sometimes I like to add Sprite Zero. Other times I like to add Fresca. With citrus beverages, I like to add citrus soda's (especially the 'diet' version of them). I think it gives them an extra 'kick' to them. It is not just orange juice but other juice beverages like Ocean Sprays cranberry varieties. 

I also like the blend different flavors of powdered drink mixes. There are a variety of flavors and companies that make them. I would add the powdered mix to have a pitcher of water then use a soda or seltzer water for the other half. I think it really enhances the flavor, and gives it a little 'kick'. 

Adding seltzer water to powdered drinks don't always work. I have tried it with Crystal Light and it tasted great. I have tried it with (sugar free) Kool Aide but it wasn't as successful as I hoped. I think it is worth trying the different combinations. 

Coca Cola's Freestyle machine is about mixed drinks. Some of them are premixed. I have tried Mellow Yellow with different combination; as listed on the screen. One can also combine different combinations by filling ones cup partially with one flavor and then another till one fills up the cup. 





a big guy who likes Goofy

No comments:

Post a Comment