Saturday, August 18, 2018

Sea Lion Sushi at the Liberty Tree Mall

I like to eat sushi (with rice) and sashima (without rice). There are all kinds of sushi and sashima. I like to try the different ones. I have tried different places.

One of the ones I like is the Sea Lion Sushi at the Liberty Tree Mall. It is a nice place. It is located in the food court of the mall. There is lots of seating. There are a couple of televisions but I usually ignore them. There are other food places at the food court and they will be covered in future blogs.

Here is the Sea Lion Sushi place. They make the food when you order it. There are photos of the items on the menu. They all looked appetizing. It was not easy to chose. The person behind the counter was friendly and courteous. The place looked clean and well arranged (I am not an expert but it did look orderly). 

I like using chopsticks when eating Asian food. I think it is more fun and gives it a more 'authentic' taste to it. I like to practice using chopsticks with other foods. I like the wooden ones best since it seem to hold the food better than the other ones. I have a few sets of fork chops which is a combination of fork / knife and chop sticks (plastic - that would be a different blog).
Here is the Una Don. It was eel over rice. It was really good. It was great together. It came with a side salad. The dressing was delicious. The dark green stuff is wasabi. When I eat it, it goes straight to my sinuses. The yellowish stuff is ginger. It is good dipped in soy sauce. The salad had an 'Asian' salad dressing. It was really good. 
This is the menu photo of the Una Don. What one get doesn't always look like it does on the menu. This time it looked exactly like it did in the photo. It shows it in a bento box (I have found a couple of sites that have bento boxes in different shapes, sizes and colors - future blog subject). 

This is the crispy shrimp tempura. It was really good. The outer coating is light. It is lighter than what one things of as fried food. It was crunchy and light; unlike some other fried foods that can taste 'heavy'. 
Here is the menu photo of the crispy shrimp tempura. What one gets looks like the photo. 

Here is the shrimp shumai. It came with sauce. I used it and the sauce that came with the tempura. I tried dipping it individually and both. It was really good. 
Here is the menu photo of the shumai. I think it is cool that the food one got matched the photos of the food on the menu. It shows it in a bamboo container but one gets it in a paper tray. If one go the bamboo container, the price would probably be a lot higher. I am glad it came in a paper tray.

This is - IIRC - miso soup. It was really good. It came with the Una Don. I drank it instead of using spoon but used the spoon after most of the liquid was gone so I could get the food. It was a good combination. 

One can see the two sauces that came with two of the dishes that I ordered; shrimp shumai and crispy shrimp tempura. I used them both with both. It was a good combination. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment