Monday, August 6, 2018

Banana Snacks?

There are times I like to eat a banana snack. I like to make and eat it when I have all the ingredients. The ingredients are 1) a banana, 2) crackers, 3) either chocolate syrup or caramel syrup (or both), and 4) whipped topping. 

I slice the banana. I put the banana slices on the cracker, one banana slice per cracker. I drizzle either caramel syrup or chocolate syrup on top of the banana's. If I have both, then I drizzle both. I finish it with some whipped topping. I think it tastes really great. It is simple yet delicious. 

At one time they had baby banana's at the grocery stores but I don't seem to find them anymore. It was a little different than the normal banana since it had a little bit of strawberry flavor to it, at least it seemed to me. It was mini bananas by Chiquita. 

Now I use regular banana's. I am not really into 'organic' (it seems to have a different meaning than it did when I was young). It is usually Chiquita banana's. I like to use them in the snack when it isn't too soft. When they get really soft, I use them in making pancakes or other things (subject for another post). 

I like to use the chocolate syrup from different companies. Some are more expensive than others. I go for the sugar-free or no sugar added variety (being a diabetic, I look for ways to reduce sugar intake). Hershey's has a good sugar free chocolate syrup. Smucker's has a good chocolate and caramel sugar free syrups. Walden Farms has a pretty good sugar free chocolate syrup. There is another brand out there but the price is higher than those mention above. 

I usually like putting it on a Ritz cracker - they have a nice variety of crackers that I like to use and different size bags (good for when one just wants a handful of crackers without opening a big bag). . There is also the Town House Crackers - they have a nice variety of crackers - that I like to use, too. Dad was a fan of saltines but I thought they were usually on the dry side, especially the 'no salt added' variety. There are other brands that I have tried but I usually chose between a couple of them.

I like using the can of whipped topping. There are both regular and sugar free (there isn't that much sugar in these so regular would not bother me if I don't over do it but I do have a tendency to over do it so I go with the sugar free). There is also some that come in plastic containers. They too come in regular, flavored and sugar free. The can is usually easier to dispense onto the cracker with toppings. One brand is Reddi Whip. I also like to use Cool Whip. Land O Lakes has a pretty good whipped topping, including a sugar free one. There are other brands but all stores carry all brands. 





No comments:

Post a Comment