Saturday, August 11, 2018

Brown Sugar By The Sea in Newburyport MA

My brother and I decided to have a meal at the Brown Sugar By The Sea in Newburyport MA. It is a Thai restaurant. It is really nice. One can see out the back and watch the river (assuming you can see it beyond the US Coast Guard Station - there is an observation deck on the top floor of the building its in but the town won't let anyone use it / go up there because of an ordinance).

This is what my brother had. He really enjoyed it. I don't remember what my brother had. 

This is what I had. I really enjoyed it. It had three peppers beside its name to indicate it was spicy hot but it wasn't really. It seems it was adapted for New England tastes and most don't like it really spicy hot. I think it was fisherman's madness. It had everything on the menu listing. 

Here is the menu link. 

I like to use chopsticks when I eat Asian food. I think it makes it a little more authentic. I have eaten other foods with chopsticks. I had eaten popcorn with them. When I add butter, seasoning to my popcorn, using chopsticks keeps my fingers cleaner. I like eating snack foods with chopsticks. It helps me get better at using them. I have fork chops that I like to use (topic for another blog - looking for their website). 

One can see a bowl of rice. It was sticky rice. I used it to absorb any sauce that was left over. It was really good. My brother used some of it that way too. 

I have been to Thai places in NJ and they have food that is spicy good and spicy hot. Here they have spicy good but not really spicy hot. It seems to be true of Indian food too. I have been to Indian restaurants in NJ that have spicy good and spicy hot entree's while they have spicy good but not really spicy hot here in New England. One Indian restaurant gave me of bowl of spicy hot to add to my food. It reminded me of the places in NJ and I really enjoyed it. 

I was at a food market where they sold chili with jalapeno's in it. I did not taste any until I was almost done with it. It was such a disappointment. The person selling it indicated he had to make it that way so it would sell in the area. 

I was at a steak house and told the entree I ordered was spicy hot and if I liked it that way. I said I would. She said she was from Brazil and the food there is spicy hot while the food here was on the bland side (spicy heat wise). It did have a little bit of bite but not what I was expecting. It was really good though. It was spicy flavorable. 




No comments:

Post a Comment