Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Pineapple Chicken Hawaii Style and Phoenix and Dragon at the Family Restaurant in Salisbury MA

There is a nice restaurant in Salisbury MA called the Family Chinese Restaurant and Bar. They recently improved the building and expanded it. It now seats more people, has a separate area for a bar and a room for parties (IIRC). It was really nice before but now it is even nicer. It has a nice welcoming feel to it. It does not require anyone to dress up for it; a casual restaurant.

The people working there were friendly, courteous and attentive.
Here is a place mat at the restaurant. It shows the web site of the restaurant and Facebook link. It is very informative. It shows the casual nature of the restaurant. 
 This is the phoenix and dragon that my brother ordered. He really enjoyed it. I have had it before and really enjoyed it. I am glad my brother got it this time. One can see my brother in the background. I think I blogged about it when I did try it but I am not sure (plan on doing a blog at least every other day - hopefully get some advertisements on my blog to make a little extra money).
 This is the pineapple chicken Hawaii style dish that I ordered. It wasn't as spicy hot as I had hoped but it was spicy delicious. The chicken was thinly sliced. It was not breaded. Some places put a thick breading on their chicken. The vegetables was not over cooked. The sauce did not overwhelm any of the ingredients. The flavors was really good.

There was a bowl of chicken friend rice that we shared. It wasn't too dry. I have been to places that the rice was dry. We both used it to absorb extra sauce. The sauce was too good to waste.
This was a garnish on the dish. Both had them. It was really pretty. I was not sure what it was made of. It looked pretty. It looked like it took some time to make. I am not sure if it was edible. I was too fun to give it a try. 

I use my Samsung cellular phone. The latest one is a Galaxy S 8 Active. The previous one 'drowned' when I fell into the water while trying to get out of my brothers canoe. This one is more water resistant. Both took really good photos. I use it in place of a camera. I was going to post a photo of it but - outwardly - it does not look that much different from other smart phones. It is what is on the inside that counts. 




I no longer have my beard. It is mostly white / grey. I will grow it again in the fall / autumn. I like it. When I have my beard, I call myself 'Captain Greybeard'. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment