Tuesday, September 11, 2018

What I ate at the 2018 Hampton Beach Seafood Festival at Hampton Beach New Hampshire

I posted a blog on the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival. Now I want to blog about what I ate at the festival as well as what my brother had eaten too. The other post did not have a lot of photos of the event. I enjoyed myself walking around and eating; therefore, I did not take a lot of pictures.

I like to think of the festival as the last big event at the end of summer. It is not many towns that seem to be open only or mostly for the summer. This town mostly closes for the rest of the season. Perhaps it is why it is such a big event with a 'see you next year' type ending?

We took my little car - a 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion - to the event. We parked at the nearby (near to the event) high school (the name is hard to spell). We bought our wrist bands / entry to the event at the parking area. We took the bus to the event. It was the B bus; important since that is the one to get back to our car. It was a short trip to and from the event. It has been awhile since I have been in a school bus and my legs were too big for those seats. My knees were pressing into the back of the seat ahead of me. I was glad it was a short trip. It was worth it.
I had bought scallops that was wrapped in bacon. It was really good. The scallops was not over done and the bacon was just right; in my opinion (each person could taste it and have a different opinion but mine is the one that counts since it is my blog). I thought it was a good price at $7.00. I should have gone back for more since it was really good.
This is the lobster seafood stew that is served n a bread bowl. It was really good. It was a delicious blend. The bowl was also good. It was not hard but soft. After consuming the stew, the bread had absorbed part of the stew which made it even tastier. I have no doubt the seagulls would have loved to have gotten some but I ate all of mine. It was filling. 
Here is some fried ice cream. It was not easy to eat since it was really cold. I had difficulty getting my plastic spoon into it. I just picked it up and bit into it. It was good. I enjoyed the whipped topping and the drizzle of chocolate. It went well together. My brother also had some fried ice cream. He ate his a lot faster than I did. 
Here is the peanut butter caramel cupcake. I did not eat it there but the next day since I was full but I still wanted the cupcake. I really like peanut butter. The cupcake was just the right size. It was really good. 

Here is the peanut butter chocolate cupcake. It was also really good. I ate it the next day. I had one for lunch and one for supper. It was not too sweet.  Eating them separately at different times did not raise my blood sugar as much as I thought it would be. I think it was that both weren't too big or too sweet. 
My brother ordered two servings of the steamers. He really enjoys them. It came with melted butter. I wanted to try one but it was gone before I had a chance to try it. He comes to the festival just to get some steamers. He had some leftover melted butter that I dipped some of my bread bowl into. It made it really good. 
My brother had a bowl of lobster bisque. He said he thoroughly enjoyed it. It smelled really good. It was gone before I realized it or even had a chance to try it. 

There was booths that sold soda's. We both bought diet Cokes. We both bought two. Perhaps we could be called the 'diet Coke brothers' (inside joke I think). 



No comments:

Post a Comment