Thursday, September 6, 2018

Trappist Preserves?

I was checking out jelly's and jam's and preserves that had low sugar content. Normally I would just go for the low or no sugar ones. As a diabetic, I look for ways to reduce my sugar intake.

As I was checking ones out at the shelves at the grocery store, I came across Trappist brand; their web site is labeled 'monastery greetings'. Their preserves seem good. It seems they don't have a lot of sugar in them. They came in different flavors. The price seemed reasonable. They seem to have a lot of flavors at their web site than what I have encountered at the stores.



I have only encountered a few of these at the store. I only checked the one grocery store and will check other grocery stores to see how many or what kind they have. 

It seems one can order them online. I doubt any one grocery store (or other kind of store) could have every flavor that they make. It seems they make a lot of flavors. It seems they have about 30 different varieties. They also make other things too (another blog). 

Of the ones that I have tried, they were very good. I am a diabetic; therefore, I limited how much I could have at any one time, I did eat some in sandwiches and on crackers. I have had them with peanut butter and by itself. I have had them on waffles and pancakes. They are also good on toast and scones (I made some scones from mixes - another blog on the scones). 




No comments:

Post a Comment