Thursday, September 6, 2018

Smucker's Sugar Free Marmalade Preserve and Concord Grape Jam?

I try to look for things that are either low sugar or sugar free. It is my attempt to keep my blood sugar level in control; as part of controlling my diabetes. It is interesting seeing what is out there. I have searched online and offline.

One of the things that I have found is Smucker's  sugar free. Their jelly's and jam's and preserves that are labeled sugar free have very little sugar in them. The prices are reasonable. It seems most stores carry them with some having different varieties that others don't.

I have tried a few of them on toast, pancakes, in sandwiches (part of PB&J, part of a 'fluffernutter' sandwich - peanut, marshmallow creme and jelly). They are pretty good. It seems one does not taste the 'sugar free' part (some seem to notice the 'artificial sweetener' that some use in their products but I didn't).
One flavor that I really enjoy is their concord grape jam. It is made with Splenda. It is really good alone on bread or crackers but is really good on bread with peanut butter. I like it on scones too. I can taste the grape flavor.

I have tried their orange marmalade. It is really good. It is good in similar ways as I used with their concord grape jam. I also like to eat this with cottage cheese or mix it with creme cheese. It makes them even better. I like the orange flavor with bits in it; IIRC.

I have tried other flavors but don't really remember what they are like. I will get some different flavors and do a blog on those flavors.







No comments:

Post a Comment