Sunday, September 16, 2018

Nut Spreads?

I like peanut butter. I like all kinds of peanut butter. I like creamy, chunky, reduced fat, honey roasted. I like to eat it with other things; tomatoes, celery, cheese, etc (there are times I just try it with things to see how it tastes.

There are different types of peanut butter.

This Wikipedia page on peanut butter is very informative. It shows the history of the peanut butter. It seems to have been around for a very long time.

I think the reduced fat peanut butter has a more nutty taste to it. It is thicker than - in my opinion - that the creamy version. It has reduced fat but increased in sugar.

I have found one that was reduced in sugar but increased in fat. It was still pretty good. The taste wasn't different than that of regular peanut butter. I don't believe that regular peanut butter has a lot of sugar.

There is also chunky. It is really good since it has peanut pieces mixed in with it. I like it gives it a crunch to it.

Non Peanut Peanut Butter? 

One does not have to have it with peanuts. I have noticed - at grocery stores and other stores - that there is spreads similar to peanut butter but made from other things; cashews, almonds, soy nut, sun flower seeds, etc. They don't taste like peanut butter and have a taste that is unique to the ingredient it is made from. I tried different ones but have not tried the soy nut one, yet. The price is usually higher than the

There are more than one variety of non-peanut spread.

I have tried the cashew butter. It is pretty good. It is more expensive than peanut butter.

I have tried the almond butter. It is pretty good. It is more expensive than peanut butter.

I have tried sun flower seed butter - also known as sun butter. It is pretty good. It isn't too much more than peanut butter.


Home Machines to Make Peanut Butter

At one time I had a Mr Peanut peanut butter machine (a link to an Amazon site but I linked it to show what it looks like and not try to get anyone to buy it there). It was really neat. The texture of the peanut butter was similar to what was inside a Reeces peanut butter cup.

I had an small electric one. It broke and wasn't easy to use but I was able to create my own peanut butter. It was fun.

Information on peanut butter.

There is a Wikipedia page on 'nut butter'. I knew of some but not others. It gives me a list of different ones to try and blog about. What is interesting is that each type has a link to a page that has more information on it. 

There is a Wikipedia page on the peanut. It is very informative. It is neat finding out where one foods come from.


This blog is far from complete. I will post more on it in future blogs.




Big Goofy Guy
(my web site is down which is why it is just words and not a link).
I am big guy who likes Goofy by Disney.
why just hang art on the wall when one can use it or wear it. 
It makes it more practical. 
working on improving the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment