Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Meatball Pizza at Superfine Foods in Newburyport MA

The photo shows the old Fowle's sign. It was Molton's. It shows the windows paper up but they are gone and it is replaced with a really nice restaurant. It is located on 17 State Street. I think they should take down the sign and replace it. There were many who wanted to keep the sign since it was historic; in a way. My brother thinks they should restore the sign. He said he won't go there till it is. I was going to go there no matter what they did with the sign. 

There is a restaurant in Newburyport MA that took the place of the Molton's restaurant. It had closed. It is now filled with a restaurant called Superfine Foods. It has only been opened for a short while. They really made it nice looking inside. They left parts of the wall exposed to show remnants of the previous restaurants. 

This is water but it is served in a nice bottle. The water was cool and refreshing. It was not too cold. On a hot day, it was appreciated. One can see the bar and the television behind the bar. They had sports on that day. I am not really into sports but it gave me something to watch while I waited for my pizza. It wasn't a long wait. 
This was the special. It was on the side in front of the restaurant. It was really good. The meat balls were a nice size. The sauce and cheese worked quite well together. It wasn't too big. I think it was slightly bigger than what one would think as a personal size pizza but not by much. 

There was a down size to this pizza. It was the bottom half of the crust. It was a little over done; perhaps slightly burnt. I ate half it but the other half I scraped off the upper half of the crust with the toppings. It was really good. I think the toppings and the upper half the crust more than made up for the bottom half of the crust being a little overdone. 

I guess they felt bad that the bottom half of the crust was a little over done. They let me have the apple crisp pie at no cost. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't too sweet and it was really good. I am glad I walked home and worked it off. I don't know what the white stuff on top was but it added to the flavor of the apple crisp. This made up for the slightly over done bottom of the crust. It was just the right size. It wasn't too big or too small. It was just the right size to have as desert but not so big one felt (really) guilty for having it. 

To me, it isn't that a restaurant has a problem. I think all restaurants experience problems. It is how they react when they do. I think they reacted in a very favorable way. They showed that if there was a problem, they put their pride aside and help the customer. 

This is the view of the inside of the restaurant. One can see the bar and the kitchen. One can see them cooking. One can how brightly lit it was. The seats at the bar was comfortable. 

This is the view of the other half of the inside. One can see part of the bar plus the seating area / booths. It looks really nice and inviting. The bar was in two parts. There was a part that had the beverages and this part which seems to be an extension of the other. On the other side of this was booths and tables. 

This is the inside near the front of the restaurant. One can see that they left some of the wall exposed so one can see remnants of the previous restaurants. One can see some of the tables. 

I think the inside was warm and inviting. I think the service was really nice. I was a bit confused when I first entered. I was not seated but they did show me a menu. I asked if I could eat in. They said I could sit anywhere. I sat at the bar. When I am by myself, I don't like to take up a whole table that could be used by a group. The seat was comfortable. It had a nice view of the television and was close to the front window which had sunlight coming in. 




Big Goofy Guy
my web site is down but it wasn't a secure site so this gives me an opportunity to get it secured.
Cafe Press is a site that one can upload images / designs and they put it on things for sale and give you a part of the profit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment