Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Pat's Diner in Salisbury MA?

I was having work done my car. Since I did not have a ride home, I decided to walk home. It was only a couple of miles. Not far from where the garage was is a diner. It is Pat's Diner. It is in the downtown area for Salisbury MA.

It is only open till 1:30 PM and earlier at 1:00 PM if they feel like closing (from what I heard someone say). I usually don't get to try this diner. It is unusual - in my opinion - for a diner to close so early in the afternoon. I am used to diners in New Jersey which stay open late into the night (with some all night).
I was told it was a 1948 diner. The website indicates it was built in 1950. It is only a couple of years difference. One can see the charm that it holds. I think it hearkens back to the original diners; not that I have been to a lot of original diners. I have been to quite a few in New Jersey - which I think has a lot of diners and is known for them. 

Here is the Irish Benedict that I ordered from the specials. It came with home fries or beans. I was able to get both; half orders. It was well plated. It looked appealing and tasted really good too. 

I used leftover sauce and yolks on the home fries. It made them even better. I tried them without the sauce. The home fries were cooked well. 

I liked the beans. They were not too sweet. I don't normally eat beans because of the sugar in them but I would be walking home afterwards. I would be walking it off. They had a nice flavor to them. As a side dish, it was the right amount. 

Here is a close up of the Irish Benedict. One can see the hash browns under the eggs. I think this is a good combination. It tasted really good. The eggs were cooked just right; with the yolks being runny. I used the extra sauce and yolks on the home fries. It was really good that way. The sauce was really good. The toast (English muffins?) was toasted but not hard or burnt. 

Here is the special menu. It doesn't really say what is in it the listings. It does give a prices. I think they are reasonably priced. The menu was easily read. I like how they used different colors for items next to each other. It makes it - in my opinion - easier to distinguish one from another. 
I thought this was odd for a restaurant. They do not accept credit cards. I am thankful I had enough cash on hand to pay my bill. I wonder how long they will last having this policy? I wonder how many people will go back if they know they only take cash? 












No comments:

Post a Comment