Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Philly Cheesecake Mac and Cheese and Shepherds Pie Mac and Cheese at Mr Mac's.

I read on a Facebook for Mr Mac's that they now had a shepherds pie macaroni and cheese. I wanted to give it a try. It was part of the Mr Mac's Facebook page. The photos at the site made it look really good. It looked good when I got it. 

This is their to go box for their small bowl of macaroni and cheese. It is nice and sturdy. It shows their web site URL. It is just big enough to hold a small size container. I guess they have a box for every size container. 
I was given this. I started to eat it. I was told that it was not the shepherds pie but the Philly cheese steak macaroni and cheese. The waiter said it was his fault that there was a mix up. I wanted to pay for it since I was really enjoying it and finished it. He refused. 

One has to be careful with the pan. It is really hot. It has a cover for the handle to help people from getting burned. It is on a wooden palate shaped like a pan. It helps the customer to move it without burning oneself on the hot pan. 
Here is the shepherds pie macaroni and cheese. It was really good. I ate it after I got home. I had forgotten to take my pills for the evening and needed to eat after taking the pills. It started out just a couple of bites but ended eating it all. It was really good. As one can see, it is in the small bowl inside the to go container. 

The bowl is cardboard. It holds up quite well. The outer box is cardboard but of a thicker more sturdy variety. Perhaps one could use it for other things? 

I think it was made with beef. To be authentic, shepherds pie needs to be made with lamb. When it is made with beef, it is called cottage pie. Some places still call it shepherds pie. This is just a 'pet peeve' with me. I wish places would just use lamb in making it or change the name to cottage pie. 



TomLeeM
Big Goofy Guy



No comments:

Post a Comment