Monday, October 8, 2018

Eggs Benedict With Eggplant Sweet Sausage And Home Fries At Hebert's

Once a month - on the first Saturday of the month - the men of Calvary Baptist Church hold their Men's Breakfast at Hebert's. It is a small group of men. We usually just take up a table or a booth. Most order the same thing. I order the special from the special board. It changes each time I am there.
One can see the Benedict Special almost at the bottom on the left. It doesn't show the price but my total was about $11 which included the tea. I think it is very reasonable, especially considering what one gets and the service of the people there. 

It is not easy choosing what to eat. They all look really good. Next time I will try a muffin; the PBChip sounds good (might not be on the list the next time I am there). 

Here is a side view of what I had. One can see the home fries. One can see the edge of eggplant and a piece of sausage poking out from under the egg and sauce. 
Here is the front view of what I had. On the right one, one can see the sausage and part of the English muffin that it is on. There is sauce on top of it. I think it is Hollandaise sauce. I know it tasted good.

I had the eggs Benedict with eggplant and sweet sausage. It came with a side order of home fries. It was really good. The toast was crunchy but not burnt. The eggs were cooked so the yolk was still runny. The sausage did not overwhelm the dish. It came with a steak knife to make it easier to cut but I think a regular knife could have been used. 

The home fries was cooked just right. It was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I used the sauce that was left over from the eggs Benedict on the home fries. Because of this, I did not add any ketchup to it. 

My beverage was a cup of tea. The brand was New England Tea. It is not easy being a tea drinker when the waitress is usually serving coffee; she asked me if I wanted a refill while she was holding a pot of coffee. I told her I had tea and she offered to bring me more hot water.  I accepted it. I already had a container of tea bags on the table and those small creamer containers. I don't like my tea to be too hot. I think the creamer helped cool it down and helped the flavor. One time I added Coffee Mate to my tea (results would be a separate blog). 



TomLeeM
(might make this my name for my web site). 
It is supposed to be an art easel, a paint brush and two containers of paint. It is not easy making pictures in Windows Paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment