Thursday, October 18, 2018

Oye's Chinese Restaurant in Reading MA

My brother and I went to the Oye's Chinese Restaurant. It was recommended by a friend. I am glad we went. It was really nice. The decor was really nice.

We were going to a movie but the place we wanted to go no longer had the movie we wanted to see. It was close by and ate there. We found the movie we wanted to go to another theater (turns out even better than the place we originally were going to). It was dark when we got there. Jerry used the directions he got plus Waze app on his phone. I wasn't sure if it was open. It was and we had plenty of time to eat. It closed an hour after we got there.
This was on the table. It is really nice how they folded it that way. I wish they had chopsticks. I should have asked for some. I think chopsticks make it taste more authentic; even it doesn't change the flavor if one uses a fork and knife. 
I had the fried gyoza appetizer. It came with a dipping sauce. It was pretty good. I liked it with and without the sauce. It was on some noodles. I ate some noodles and save some to absorb the sauce from the main dish I was having. It was the right amount for an appetizer. I dislike it when the appetizer is enough for two or as an entree (unless one is sharing with some one else). I liked the sauce. I drank some of it. It is better with something being dipped in it than drinking it by itself. 
My brother had the fried calamari. It was pretty good; the couple of ones that my brother let me have. It had a little bite to it. It had this noodle that came with it. We did not know what kind of noodle it was. The calamari had a nice crunch to it. There was some vegetables with it that wasn't bad. My brother ate the calamari. I ate some of the vegetables. 
I had the General Gau chicken. It was fried. It was really good. It had some bite to it but not as much as I was expecting. There was some leftover sauce. I used the noodles from the appetizer to absorb the extra sauce. It was good that way too. It wasn't a huge amount but just enough for one person; for me anyway. It wasn't overly battered. It had a nice crunch to it. The sauce wasn't too thick. I don't mind it being thick but it is hard to taste the food if it is excessive. 
This is the seafood platter that my brother had. He ate all of it. He said it was really good. I did not get to try any of it. I am glad he ate it all since what I had filled me up. There was a nice variety of seafood in the dish. 
Here is the inside of the restaurant. That was the top of my head. I was taking the photo in 'selfie' mode. 

Here is another part of the restaurant. One can see my brother. One can see the bar with television on the right. 

Here is some more of the restaurant. It wasn't that busy but it was later in the day. It has a really nice interior. I try to include an outside photo but it was too dark to really take a good one.



TomLeeM
Me
a big guy who eats (perhaps too much at times but I am cutting back - a balance of limiting how much with variety). 


No comments:

Post a Comment