Friday, October 26, 2018

Herbs?

Since I had a post about spices and spices that give some 'heat' to the taste, I thought I do one on herbs. I was reading an article and it mentioned 'herbs and spices'.

I found a definition of it on Wikipedia.
'
In general use, herbs are plants with savory or aromatic properties that are used for flavoring and garnishing food, medicinal purposes, or for fragrances; excluding vegetables and other plants consumed for macronutrients. Culinary use typically distinguishes herbs from spicesHerbs generally refers to the leafy green or flowering parts of a plant (either fresh or dried), while spices are usually dried and produced from other parts of the plant, including seedsbarkroots and fruits.' ( copied from the site). 

Wikipedia has a list of herbs and spices. I think it is very informative. It seems each listing is a link to more information on that herb or spice.


With herbs and spices, I think eating plain is so unnecessary. I think so much can be done with them.



This is just a small post but something I wanted to add in addition to the blog about spices.

TomLeeM

No comments:

Post a Comment