Tuesday, October 16, 2018

2018 Ipswich Chowderfest in Ipswich MA.

I went to the Ipswich Chowderfest last year and I attended this year; 2018. I was able to get to last years on time and was able to try all the different chowders. This year I did not get there in time and was only able to try about half of them.

Since the online site for the event listed it from 11 am to 4 pm, I thought I would have time to try them all when I arrived at about 2. When I did arrive, the sign where it was indicated it was 12 to 3 pm. When I bought the ticket to get in, they did not mention that half of the chowder providers had already left. I guess they did not expect that much of a crowd? It didn't seem as busy when I arrived.

I was able to try the chowders from Ipswich Clambake, Shaw's, The Brown Dog, En Fuego and Super Subs of Ipswich. Soon after I tried the chowder from Ipswich Clambake, they left. It wasn't long before another one left. The card that had the list was also the card one marks for what one things was the best. I marked Ipswich Clambake. It was laminated and difficult to mark. 
Here is one of the chowder providers. This one was The Brown Dog. I think they have a place in Ipswich MA.
Here was another one. I think this one is Shaw's. Shaw's is a grocery store.
I think this one was the Ipswich Clambake. They left soon after I had tried their chowder. I voted for their chowder as the best of the ones I was able to try. I wish I could have tasted all of them.
This was what half the chowder tent was like when I got there. I wish I could have tried all of them.
I think this one was the Super Sub of Ipswich. I noticed the sample size of sub sandwiches. 
Fortunately there was a place selling cheese burgers and hamburgers. It was $5.00 for a burger plus a bag of chips. The burger was huge; about half a foot wide. I also had a diet Coke. The total was $6.50. It was low for what one got. It was filling which what I had hoped the chowder sampling would do.

Here is the cooking area of the burger group.
There was a tent selling some kind of ale. 
There was The Orville Giddings Band that played. It was live music. They ended soon after I got there. What I heard was nice. 

There was a couple of other tents too.
There was a raffle helping to support the Open Door group.
They were selling apple crisps.

 A couple of shots of the crowd at the event. 


I did win a raffle for a 'rainy day box' that a real estate office offered at the festival.
It was a nice size box - the box itself being a prize. The box was chuck full of things to do on a rainy day; movies, candy, popcorn, activities book, popcorn buckets (plastic and cardboard), and a Lego set. 
I am amazed what they were able to fit into the gift box. The gift box is a reusable box. It is really nice. I viewed one of the movies and my brother ate some of one of the candies. 

TomLeeM

No comments:

Post a Comment