Friday, October 12, 2018

Bacon; Not Just Pork

I read that there are those who don't eat bacon because they don't eat pork. Not all bacon has port in it. I know there are bacon made of chicken or turkey. The dark meat of the chicken or turkey is the 'pork' in the bacon and the white meat of the chicken or turkey is the 'fat part of pork bacon'. I have been told there is beef bacon. I have tried veggie bacon which no meat in it whatsoever (and - in my opinion - not much flavor in it either).

The article at Oola.com shows 17 types of bacon. I knew of some but I did not realize there that many.  It would be neat to try them all. This article expanded my knowledge on bacon. It also shows it is not limited to bacon being made just from pork. I wish others will realize this too.

I was looking for different types of bacon and came across this article. It shows the different types of bacon. The article is at the Bacon Scouts site.









TomLeeM


No comments:

Post a Comment