Saturday, December 10, 2016

Hunts No Added Sugar Pasta Sauce

While I was looking for pasta, I also looked for pasta sauce i could use with it. While most spaghetti sauce has much sugar, I found one with no added sugar. It is from Hunts. It states it has 35 calories, 0 grams of saturated fat, 600 milligrams of sodium and 4 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup of serving. I think it is good alternatives for diabetics who want to have spaghetti sauce on their pasta.
I tried a spoonful of it. While not as thick as other spaghetti sauce, it was really tasty. I tried it on some cooked rotini. It was very good. It was not too sweet and not too salty. It has a good flavor. I will try it with other styles of pasta and see how it tastes with it.

One time I tried spaghetti sauce on rice noodles. It was the type of rice pasta that I found at the Asian grocery store that comes in sheets. I cooked it like pasta and added the sauce after I drained the water from it. It had a neat texture that was totally different from normal / traditional pasta. I have tried it with other non-pasta noodles. It was fun to experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment