Friday, December 2, 2016

Bisquick Complete; Simply Buttermilk with Whole Grain, pancake and waffle mix

I bought a box of Bisquick Complete buttermilk with whole grain pancake and waffle mix. I bought it since I wanted something easy to put together. There was nothing one had to ad besides water. A benefit is that it is with whole grain which makes it healthier and less likely to make one feel guilty about how good it tastes.
Since a portion size is 1/2 cup. I also added a 1/2 cup of water. It mixed quite well. I cooked three pancakes, perhaps my mix was on the thin side but it still was very good. Normally one used a cup of mix with 2/3 cup water but I was going for portion control since I am diabetic. It came out thinner than what it shows on the package but I like my pancakes thinner, more crepe like. i also fried two eggs and a couple of slices of Spam turkey. It was a great breakfast meal.

I will using it again but different added ingredients. One time I added a small can of mushrooms to the pancake mix. It was good. Another time I added part of a small can of spinach. It was delicious. One time I layered pepper jack cheese between the layers of the pancakes with fried bologna. The heat of the pancakes and the fried bologna melted the cheese. It was delicious. 

There are recipes at the Bisquick site. I will be trying those too. There are a lot of recipes to chose from. There are many sites with Bisquick recipes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment