Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Appetizers Too Big? - My Rant

I have a problem with restaurants that serve appetizers that are the size of a main entree. I think the appetizer should be smaller than a main entree and should 'wet the appetite' of the person who eats it. I have been to restaurants where I had to take half to most of the main entree home because the appetizer was way too big.  Appetizer defined by Merriam-Webster. I agree with the definition of appetizer by Dictionary.com.
'1.
a small portion of a food or drink served before or at the beginning ofa meal to stimulate the desire to eat.
2.
any small portion that stimulates a desire for more or that indicatesmore is to follow:
'

I also like the definition of appetizer by The Free Dictionary.
'

appetizer

 (ˈæpɪˌtaɪzəor 

appetiser

n
1. (Cookery) a small amount of food or drink taken to stimulate the appetite
2. any stimulating foretast
'





No comments:

Post a Comment