Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Disclaimer - of sorts - from a Big Guy who likes to Eat

This is disclaimer of sorts. I just wanted everyone to know that I am not a chef or a cook or personal cook. I did not go to any culinary school. I did not even go to the home ec class in high school; even though it would have been to do so (I don't remember if that was an option since it has been a very long time ago). 

I am a big guy who likes to eat; perhaps too much. This could explain my weight of over 300 pounds. I did not start out liking to eat; at least not a lot of things. As I got older I started to eat more things. Instead of just saying that I like this and didn't like that, I wanted to know why I did or didn't like something. My theory was 'How would I know if I never tried it?'. This led - eventually - to 'if it doesn't move eat it, if it does, stomp on it and eat it anyway' (perhaps not literally but in a figurative manner). 

I do like trying different restaurants, cafe's and other places that offer prepared food; sometimes there are ready to eat food even in some grocery stores. There are so many types and styles of food. Even if the style is the same, they way it is prepared can be different. I wonder if the decor of these places might have an effect on the food they serve? 

I like making food; even though at times it is barely edible (I usually eating it anyway, rarely do I throw it out / compost it). I try things / mixes / recipes from a variety of sources; online, cook books, magazines, etc. There are times I take a mix or recipe and add or change the ingredients (or add and change the ingredient). The success varies. 

I take photos that I post to Facebook then download to my computer then upload to my blog. It gives me a chance to talk about the food both here and on Facebook. I seem to get more replies on Facebook than this blog but I do not mind. 

I just like to blog about food. I am not posting here to get anyone to try them but just to show my opinion; right or wrong, it is only my opinion. I think the taste of food is subjective; it depends on who is trying it. What could taste good to one person could be awful to another. I try not to criticize others because they do not have the same opinion as me. We are just different people with different tastes.  






This my personal web site. One can learn a little more about me.

Big Guy Eating


I created paintings. I took photos and uploaded them to Cafe Press.
I created an online store that has items with my art on them (not all of my art but more to come).
One can buy items with my art on it. Since the photo density was low, they are not on my items.

No comments:

Post a Comment