Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Canned soup as pasta sauce?

I am some unique tastes and am willing to try different things. I am also a bachelor; which means I don't always (actually usually don't) make things from scratch (even I am doing more lately but that is a topic for a future blog). 

I like cooking pasta (not actually making pasta [perhaps something I could do in the future?] from scratch). I like trying a variety of pasta's (why reinvent the wheel when one can just buy it at the store?). Pasta comes in so many shapes and made of from a variety of 'material' (the name escapes me). 

I sometimes use a pre-made pasta sauce. It comes in a variety of flavors and comes from a variety of companies. I have tried them and they - usually - pretty good. I sometimes post about them but this time it is about my using canned soup as a pasta sauce. I started using tomato soup and added diced (from a can) tomatoes. It was pretty good (at least to me since I don't have high standards - I have eaten things that others would have turned up their noses at). It is not to say that it all is good but usually is. 

I like using Campbell's soup (I don't get paid by them for saying that, I just like their soups). I have tried a variety of their soups; tomato, tomato bisque, cream of broccoli, cream of onion (newest one tried), cream of celery, etc. 

There are times I add the vegetable that the soup has in it or is flavored by. I tried cooking and chopping broccoli to the cream of broccoli soup. I added mushrooms (different kinds - usually canned pieces and stems) to the cream of mushroom soup. I sometimes add a can of chicken to the cream of chicken soup. The results vary but I like them. I doubt many others would. 

Normally I take photos but I think just talking about it is good for now. There will future blogs with photos and descriptions. 





improvements are being worked on, eventually. 



I think of it was practical art since it doesn't stay on the wall but
are on things that are used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment