Monday, August 28, 2017

I was in Plymouth MA and was looking for a place to eat. I came across a pier with a few restaurants. I decided on The Tavern On The Wharf. It looked very inviting and it seemed to have a nice view of the boats at the pier. There was lots of seating. I saw where I could look out at the fishing boats, tour boats and a tiny pirate ship (a row boat with an outboard motor. It was made to look like a pirate ship). 

The Tavern On The Wharf has a nice menu. There was a variety of items on it. It is a seafood restaurant but they also had lots of non-seafood items for those who don't want or care for seafood. The price was a little above average but not too costly. 

It has a warm and inviting atmosphere to it. The staff was warm, friendly and attentive.  The view was nice. One could seat where one could watch the televisions or seat where one can watch the activity on the pier. 



This the fish and chips. I think the fish was well done and delicious. The Cole slaw was delicious and not too vinegary (some places seem to have way too much vinegar in their Cole slaw). The dip was pretty good. I just wish there was more of it since it went quickly. I asked for mayonnaise for my fries but I had them with malt vinegar and some ketchup since there wasn't a lot of mayonnaise. 

I like how the presented it. It wasn't just tossed on the plate. The breading on the fish wasn't too thick. It was cooked just right. The fish was flaky and easy to break apart to eat. The fries wasn't over cooked. 

I had the lobster cake for an appetizer. It was delicious. One got two of them. It was just the right size for an appetizer. It also came with a small salad and the cakes were on what looks like salsa of some kind. It was delicious. I like the dressing that the salsa and cakes were resting on.

One can see the dressing and the small salad. There was a crunchy onions on top of the cakes. It was an excellent appetizer.  Usually the menu has crab cakes and not lobster cakes. I think this was a pleasant variation of cake. 

I dislike it when an appetizer is too big. When it is as big as an entry, it should be listed as an entree. In my opinion, an appetizer should only be the size that would 'whet' one's appetite and not eliminate it. Appetizers that are too big is one of my 'pet peeves'. 

Here is the cheesecake that was listed on the menu. Usually the food does not look as good in person as they do in the menu. This was just the opposite. It looked way better in person than it did in the menu. Even the photo above does not do it real justice. 

Here is another view of the cheesecake. It has a whipped topping, sits on swirled vanilla pudding (I think it was pudding, it tasted great) with a sliced strawberry on the side. It was really good. This views was better than the view just above this one. 



Plymouth MASS





a site on a big guy who likes Goofy
(needs updating but still pretty good).



my art on things for sale
(a work in progress).

No comments:

Post a Comment