Monday, August 28, 2017

French Toast Bagel and Grilled Cheese Sandwich at Abraham's Bagels in Newburyport MA

I went to the newly re-opened Abraham's Bagels in Newburyport MA. They had shut down due to a fire in the kitchen. They rebuilt it and it was re-opened.  It seemed like forever for them to re-open. 

Abraham's Bagels is a small place next to Buttermilk Bakery and not far from Fig Tree Kitchen. They have seating on the outside and on the inside. They had more than one person taking orders and a person taking payment for the items. One can see where they are working / preparing the food. It is a cozy place. The people who work there are friendly. I can see why it is so popular. 



It is not a huge place. This is the working area of Abraham's Bagels. One can see the different coffees that they have. 

This is one of the menu's. The sign indicates pizza but I saw nothing on the menu's about pizza. I might have missed that part or it wasn't listed that day. The other items more than make up for the lack of pizza. 

Here is another of their menu's. They have a nice variety of items. It was crowded the day I went. It was soon after they had re-opened. 

They have a nice variety of bagels. This is the French toast bagel. I had them put cream cheese on it. They toasted it for me. The cream cheese was warm and tasty. It was delicious. I think it was the right size for breakfast / lunch. 

I ordered the grilled cheese. I had the whole wheat bread. I had them put bacon on it. It came with a pickle. It was delicious. The pickle was good. The sandwich was the right size for breakfast / lunch. It was not over cooked or under cooked. 

There are times a local place is better than a big chain. A local place is more personal and they work harder to make going there worth it. I find they are usually more in tune with what the local residents like. This is just my opinion and there are exemptions to this rule; both local and big chains. 



my personal web site - needs work but still good.



I have photos of my art on items that are for sale.
Cafe Press does the work and I get some of the profit since it is my art.
The photos need work but still pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment