Saturday, September 16, 2017

Great Food at the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival.

Ever since I moved up to NH then to MA, I try to get to the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival in Hampton Beach NH. It is held once a year and has been going on for many years. I am looking forward to next years. I have enjoyed it every year that I go.

It is very popular. There are huge number of people who attend the three day event. It lasts from Friday to Sunday. For 2017, it was September 8th to the 10th. There was a free shuttle from one of different places one could park to where the festival is held. One could buy the ticket soon after exiting the bus. This year it was $8 to get it. This does not include the cost of the food.
This is one of two tents that had food vendors in it. If one could not find something to eat in one of the tents, you are probably way too picky of an eater. 

There was a huge tent for non-food vendors. There was a variety of items for sale. Some was really nice. If I had more money on me, I would have bought some it.

There was a wide variety of seafood and non-seafood (for those not into seafood). There were booths from local restaurants and companies and some not so local.




Here (above) are a few of the many food vendors in one of the two really big tents. Both were really crowded. As the day went on, it became less crowded and easier to get ones food. 

Here is the fried mushrooms I had first. It was cooked very well. It was not greasy. It came with ranch dressing. I tried it with and without dressing. It was good either way. The cost was reasonable. 
This was lobster cakes on what seems like a salsa. It was really good. It had a tasty sauce on top of it. The price was good considering it was made from lobsters. 

This is seafood newburg. It was served over rice. It was delicious. The price was reasonable. It wasn't too much at one time. It was - like the lobster cakes - just the right portion size.

This is the strawberry shortcake that I had for desert. The strawberry and sauce was not too sweet. It was a delicious combination of short cake, strawberries and sauce, and whipped topping. It was a good price. I walked off desert while visiting the booths. 


There was one downside to the festival. There was a couple of booths that one could enter to win a gift card to some store. The thing is that when one signs it, one is giving them permission to call you with pre-recorded sales pitches. I am not sure if this is true with all of this type but I did read the fine print on some and that is what they indicate. My brother entered one and kept getting telemarketers on both his cell phone and his work phone.






I am still working on it. 



my Cafe Press store.

No comments:

Post a Comment