Monday, August 28, 2017

Crab Rangoon and Spicy Eggplant with Chicken at the Brown Sugar by the Sea in Newburyport MA

There is a really nice Thai restaurant in Newburyport MA called Brown Sugar by the Sea. It is across from the Tannery. It is located in a nice building. They have parking in back of the building. There is a nice view of the river and boats from the back of the restaurant. 

The place is clean and inviting. The service is friendly. The prices are reasonable. The decor is comfortable. The items on the menu are listed from non-spicy hot to spicy hot; depending on how many peppers are listed for it. They have a nice variety of items listed. 

Thai is known - if I remember correctly - for being spicy hot. This is true with some of the food. There are levels of spicy hot but all are spicy flavorful. One can get food with no heat to ones with a lot of heat. I have tried some foods that had no heat and some with a little bit of heat. I will be trying some with a lot of heat in the future. They have a nice variety of foods. 


This is the crab Rangoon. It was very delicious. I had it with and without the sauce. The Rangoon was crunchy but not too hard. The inside was warm and delicious. I like the sauce. One can either dip it in the sauce or use the spoon to pour the sauce on the Rangoon. I did both. 

I am one for appetizers that are not too big. I think the appetizer should be just big enough to try it but not so big that it looks like a main entree. Some places have the appetizer that is so big that one is too filled to eat the entree one ordered. At one place, I had to take half the main entree home since the appetizer was so big and so filling. Appetizers that are too big are one of my pet peeves. 

The is the spicy eggplant dish. I had it with chicken. There were two other choices. It was really good. I liked the sauce that came with it. I used the rice to absorb the remaining sauce. It was not too big. Usually when one gets a meal in the evening, the dish would be rather big. This wasn't and it meant I could have an appetizer or desert since I was not feeling stuffed with the main dish. 

The long green things seemed under cooked and a little tough. They were okay. I think they were either green beans or wax beans. I am not one for either. It did not take away from the rest of the dish, which I really liked. 




my web site on me - needs work



I took photos of my art and they are on some items that are for sale.
The photos were taken using either a small digital camera, an Android cell phone, or a tablet computer.
photos need to be retaken and uploaded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment