Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Ronzoni Super Greens Rotini

I found a product at the grocery store that seems to be a way to get ones serving of vegetables without having to actually eat vegetables (good if one dislikes vegetables but still ones the benefits of eating vegetables). The product is Super Greens by Ronzoni. Per the box, it has 3 servings of vegetables per 3.5 oz (100 g) portion. It is supposed to be a good source of fiber. It is also a good source of 5 vitamins and minerals. I think healthy is only good if it tastes good too. If one likes the taste, it is more likely one will eat it.

I bought the rotini. I liked how green it looked. The box indicates it is 'enriched pasta with spinach, zucchini, broccoli, parsley and kale'. It definitely reflects in color the color of the vegetables. Since I am a diabetic and want portion control, I use a cup of pasta. The portion size is 3/4 cup but I wanted a little more. I cooked the pasta. I tried it with butter, then garlic herb butter (Land O Lakes has one) then honey butter (also Land O lakes has one). It was really good. I also like using soups as a form of 'pasta sauce'. There are times I use tomato soup or a variation on it, or other kind of cream soup. The taste varies on the soup. It is usually good (from this bachelors point of view).

I might have posted this before but I am hoping it is different in what I am showing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment