Monday, May 8, 2017

First Friday Fellowship at Custom House Maritime Museum; Madagascar.

I helped with the preparation of the food for the First Friday Fellowship at the Custom House Maritime Museum in Newburyport MA. It is a benefit of membership. They have a lecture and food on the first Friday of the month.

May's food theme was Madagascar. It is one of the 'ports of call' for the area. It is what the food them is based on. Each month, the theme is different. There was a variety of foods prepared by member and personal cook Sheila Mullins. Her cooking is part of the reason the First Friday Fellowship is so popular. Normally I would get to try what is leftover but there was nothing left over. There were those who went back for seconds. There were those who came just as the lecture was about to begin but was not able to try the food since it was gone. There were rave reviews by those who tried the food.
This is Madagascar chicken. It was served over rice. 

This is duck and ginger stew. It was served over rice. 

This feather coconut cake. I did get to try this. It was good.

This is salady voankazo. 

This is acheds de legumes. It was a vegetable mixture with a sauce.

This is tomato ragaille with pumpernickel. One put the tomato mix on the a slice of bread.

Please note I might have misspelled the names. I went by what was on the labels and my ability (or inability) to remember them. 

There was a lecture on a schooner that was restored. I did not get to see all of it but what I did see was really fascinating. I had to stand since all the seats were taken. 

There was also an open bar at the event. They served a variety of soda's and alcohol beverages. There was something for everyone. Donations was welcomed. 




a guy who is a fan of Goofy plus.



My online art store

No comments:

Post a Comment