Friday, February 26, 2021

Scrappled Scrambled Eggs - My Own Creation

 I like to cook and eat scrapple. It is not often one hears of people like it but I do. I like to fry it up, eat it by itself or with other things. It is not easy finding scrapple at the store. One really has to look for it. Lately it is in the frozen section. 

I remember being able to get the beef scrapple or pork scrapple. Lately I can barely find it at all - just the pork scrapple. I don't really mind since I think the pork scrapple is better tasting than the beef scrapple

I wonder if haggis is just a type of scrapple that uses lamb or mutton parts? I always want to try it. It seems really cool yet disgusting to some. 

Here is the end result; almost. 

I took some scrapple and cooked it in the frying pan. I like using my cast iron pan but sometimes I use my copper pan. I fried it up but it doesn't take long since I preheat the pan. I use a timer to wait about 5 minutes before starting cooking. I spray the pan with cooking oil and a little bit of butter. I use the spatula to 'chop it up'. I don't want it to become one big piece of meat but lumps of meat. 

The egg mixture is 2 eggs, grains (flax seed meal, wheat bran and oat brand), baby spinach, a little bit of milk (I don't really measure it), some oil (I don't measure it either, just a 'splash' of it). I stir it up with a fork. I think it works better than a spoon (not a 'professional opinion' but just something I like to do). 

I pour it on the cooking meat / scrapple in the pan. Instead of an omelet (one big piece), I scooped it and chop it while it is cooking. It doesn't take long to cook this either. I keep using the spatula since if it lays too long on the heat, it seems to over cook / burn on one side. 

I think it is pretty good. It might not be what a real cook wood do but I am usually just cooking for me so it doesn't rally matter. I post this to show how strange my taste can be. 

This time I decided to 'doctor it up' with some cheese and some ketchup. I like putting ketchup on my scrambled eggs; even the scrambled eggs looks really odd and not really like scrambled eggs. 

I thought it was good but others might not care for it. I am okay with that since I cook for me and thought it would be neat to blog about not just what I eat but also about some of the unique foods I consume. 


PS I wonder if one cook make Hamburger Helper using scrapple instead of beef? It would be interesting to give that a try. It would be another blog about it; after I gave it a try. 







 



No comments:

Post a Comment