Friday, February 26, 2021

My Version of Banana Nut Bread French Toast?

 I like banana Nut. There are times I had it made it for me. I have not made banana nut bread, yet (it would be neat to give it a try and post the results - good or bad - here on my blog). It might not be perfect but I like it. I like some strange things. It might not appeal to everyone or even most. 

I was at a restaurant that had banana nut bread that they used to make French toast. I thought it was really good. Unfortunately the restaurant that made it is no longer in business. The restaurant was nice. I am saddened by their closure. 

I believe it was closed before the pandemic. There are a lot of restaurants that have closed - directly or indirectly - because of the pandemic. It is sad that it has happened. Why this happened is for another blog. 

I was given banana nut bread. Friends made it for me since they heard of the restaurant I went to that had it as a basis for French toast. I had tried this before. This is the first time - that I remember - I had taken photos to post on my blog. The results isn't always the same; the recipe isn't always the same since I don't go by an actual recipe. I just wing it. 

I take two eggs, different grains (flax meal, wheat brand, oat brand), baby spinach (sometimes when I have it), some milk (I don't measure it, I just pour some in), cooking oil (which depends on what I have on hand and I just add a 'splash' of it). I mix it all together. The photos that is above does not show spinach but there are times I added it and it shows. 

I have a cast iron pan. It is really neat. It is not light. It is not easy to lift but I do like cooking with it. It has a non-stick coating but I still like to coat the bottom with a cooking spray. When I cook eggs, I use some butter too (in addition to the cooking spray). 

In the photo one can see one of the banana nut bread after it had soaked a little bit in the 'sauce' (I couldn't think of what to call the liquid that one puts it in before frying). This is before I added the second slice of banana nut bread; it was still soaking in the 'mixture'. I try to not have it cook too long. I have it burn on one side if it was too long. 

Here one can see the 'mixture' or 'sauce'. One can see the different grains that is in it. One can see the other banana nut bread above the container that is going to get dipped / soaked. Perhaps a little out of order - in how I made it. 

I use the leftover mixture to make scrambled eggs with it. Sometimes I add stuff to it to make it even better. I did this time but I will post it separately. This time was even more unique than the times I did it before. There are times I just add the extra mixture to what is frying on the pan to make it thicker. It is all depends on what I feel like doing. 



PS One can tell that I an not a professional cook; or even an amateur one. I just like to cook since I like to eat; a good combo in my opinion. When it comes to cooking, I have a lot to learn. I like to experiment too. Since I have strange tastes in food, I usually don't have a problem with what I make (there are rare times even I wouldn't eat it - yes it was that bad). 














No comments:

Post a Comment