Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Greek Pistachio With Greek Salad and Kale and Artichoke Dip at Red's Kitchen and Tavern in Seabrook NH

 I finally got to try the Red's Kitchen and Tavern that is in Seabrook NH. It had replaced the restaurant that was there before. It replaced the Applebee's. Since Red's opened, there was a crowd there. It wasn't until just recently that I got to try it. 

The restaurant is next to the Staples store on route one in Seabrook. It is not difficult to see. It is a nice size building. The interior is really nice. 

The staff was friendly. They wore face masks when working. The cleaned the tables before one sat down. 

Once we arrived and checked in, there was a short wait, about 15 minutes. It was not long since it was just me and my brother. We wore our face masks going in and leaving. Once we were seated, we took our face masks off. We were given the menu's; food and drink menus. We got some bread while we searched the menu and we got some water that came in a glass cup that had the shape of a big can. I think that was nice. 

We chose what we wanted. I ordered the kale and artichoke dip as the appetizer. I ordered the Greek pistachio with a Greek salad. 


Here is the kale and artichoke dip that I ordered from the appetizer list. It was really good. The chips didn't have a hard crunch but somewhat a soft one. It was good. I could have eaten them by themselves. I put the dip on them and it was really good. The dip was warm and really delicious. 
This shows the kale and artichoke dip on the menu with the description. The chips are seasoned Greek pita chips. It was way better than regular chips.
Here is the Greek pistachio that I ordered. It shows the salad in a separate bowl. 

I ate the salad first. I took out the black olives since I am not a fan of olives (which is weird since I don't have a problem with olive oil).  It was a delicious salad. It was - in my opinion - just the right sizie for a side salad.

The Greek pistachio was really good. It is like a Greek version of lasagna. The pasta was cooked quite well. The layers were quite good together. There doesn't seem to be a lot of it but it was quite satisfactory to my taste buds that really enjoyed it. 
Here is the menu listing for the Greek Pastichio. It shows the description. It is why I ordered. I am it was as good as it sounds. I think the price is very reasonable. 



My brother ordered the fried calamari. My brother ordered the sandwich (I forgot which) that comes with fries.
Here is the fried calamari that my brother ordered. It was a lot more than he expected. The first ones that ate was hotter (spicy hot wise) than he expected but the rest didn't have the bite and was more flavorful. I tried a couple but didn't get the spicy hot that he had on the first couple. It really filled him up. He was only able to eat half the sandwich and half the fries of the entrée. 

I think the problem with some restaurants is that their appetizers are way too big. It is supposed to whet the appetite and not fill you up to the point where one cannot eat ones main meal. 

Here is the sandwich that ordered. He was not able to eat all of it because of the appetizer being so big but what he did eat he enjoyed. He saved half to take home.

 I helped with the fries. I thought the fries was really well done. It wasn't over cooked or under cooked. It wasn't too salty. They were a nice size. It was great with the ketchup they had. 

I think Red's is a great place to eat. I will be going back to try other things; not right away since there are so many places to try.

I hope everyone goes out to eat; not every day or at only one place but every so often at different places. I think this 'pandemic' has hurt a lot of restaurants. There are those that have closed to never re-open. I think - as the rules let up - people should support the restaurants that have endured so they can continue to endure with our help. 














No comments:

Post a Comment