Thursday, February 11, 2021

Biscuits and Gravy - My Attempt At It.

 I really like biscuits and gravy. I like to eat it at restaurants. They seem to have their own versions. Most are good but some are okay. One restaurant had biscuits and gravy on the menu but it was port muffins with a drizzle of gravy on it.

This is my attempt at making biscuits and gravy. It is not perfect but I liked it. I made it not from scratch but from two mixes; one from a box and one from a bag. It did not take a long time to make / create it. It did help boost my will to cook. I think it is better to try something simple and succeed than to try something really hard and fail. One should build up to the more complex / harder recipes. 

For the biscuits, I used Bisquick. It is a mix that can be used for so many recipes. This time I chose the simple recipe for biscuits. I used the heart healthy mix by Bisquick. It was easy to make. It was measuring the amount of mix and add the amount of water required by the recipe. One just places it on a baking sheet and cook. It is easy and does not take long. 

For the gravy, I had bought a gravy mix from McCormick. I bought their original country gravy. It was easy to make. One just add the amount of water required in the recipe. One can heat it in the microwave (or the stovetop [which I had tried the first time I cooked it and it worked] but I chose the microwave). One would cook it in 1 minute increments till it was really thick. It took about 4 one minute periods to get it good and thick. It became thicker than expected; since I was making it in the microwave. 

I put them together. I sliced the biscuits in half and put the gravy on top of it. It was really good. There are times I put butter (or what I call butter but isn't really) and sometimes I don't. 

Here is the result of my making biscuits and gravy. One can see that I had already started eating it. One can see the inside of the biscuits; ones that wasn't covered with gravy. 

Next time I want to add sausage or other meats. I really like sausage gravy but have not found any that had sausage in it. I guess that is something one can add. I have tried different sausage brand with it. Each gives it its own uniqueness. I want to try them again so I can blog about them too. 













No comments:

Post a Comment