Monday, October 23, 2017

My Egg Concoction of 10-23-2017

I like to try different things. I mix things together in the kitchen. I either cook them in the microwave or on the stove top in a pan. This is one of those creations. I call it my egg concoction. I do not have a better name for it, yet (still working on it.



I like the canned meat called Spam. It is not the unwanted e-mail one gets and complains about. I used the regular Spam in the concoction above. I used four slices(about half a can) and cut them into little pieces. I like it and am trying the different varieties that they sell. 

I had made some baked chicken (actually my sister in law Sheila Mullins made it and I helped a little). The recipe called for Parmesan cheese. She used a shredder to shred the whole block of cheese. There was some left over and I used it in the concoction above.  

I was told that adding flax seed meal and bran meal to my pancakes makes them healthier. I have been doing that. I also used them in this concoction. I usually get the flax seed meal and bran meal at the grocery store in small bags. Since I only add a little bit each time I use them, they last a while (many pancakes or concoctions). 

I added some corn meal. I bought some corn meal from a grist mill in Plymouth MA. It is a replica mill. It is made to look like the one that was at that location many years earlier. It is at that location since there is a stream and man made dam / lake that powers the mill. The grind different grains during the weekend. They have a store that has that plus other things that they sell. 

I used two eggs. I used the whole eggs, not separated. I beat them so they were blended. I get my eggs from the local grocery store. In this case, it is Market Basket. I got the inexpensive eggs; store brand. 

I added a small amount of milk. Like the eggs, it was store brand. It was skim milk instead of whole milk. I use the milk for other things. It was a gallon size container but it gets used quickly, somewhat. 

I like to make things in the microwave. It usually because the oven I had before was broken and baking in a toaster oven was not easy. Now that I have an oven, I was not sure how to use it. Now that I do, I will be baking more often. I also figured out how to use the timer. 

I figured out how to use the microwave to make an omelet. It is usually a hit or miss type of thing. This time it was more hit than miss. I put the concoction in the microwave. I had set the time for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. I set the power at 70 percent. It came out pretty good. I think it helped that the concoction was well mixed. 







my web site - still being worked on
(sort of lazy on my part).



I have my art printed on things. Cafe Press makes them and I get a little bit of money.
The photos are okay but need better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment