Thursday, October 12, 2017

Margaritaville Volcano Shrimp

I saw this in the grocery store and wanted to try it. I like spicy hot food; aka, food that bites back. It is the Margaritaville volcano shrimp. I have visited their web site and they seem to have a nice variety of items. I will look for them in the stores that sell groceries. 

I like to shop. I like to shop at grocery stores. It is unusual since I am a guy and people don't normally associate shopping with guys. I have known some girls who don't care for shopping. I guess there are exceptions for both. I am not one for stereotypes. 
 It is in a bag inside the box. One just opens the box then the bag. It is all one has to do. It is already prepared for you. 

Here it is arranged in the pan as per the instructions on the box. It was easy to bake (which - per some - healthier than frying). One preheats the oven and place the pan in the then bake it for a certain amount of time (one can tell by my description that I am a single guy who doesn't normally do baking / cooking but I am expanding my abilities (and unfortunately my 'horizons'). 

The shrimp was coated nicely. They had a nice crunch to them. It has a nice bite to them but not excessive (while I don't mind 'excessive', some would which is why I mentioned it). I think this would make for a nice appetizer for one or two people. 

I like the coat the pan with a cooking spray. It makes it easier to remove the cooked item from the pan and makes it easier to clean. I used a non-stick surface pan. That helped too. 

I
After it was finished baking and cooling (didn't want to burn myself by eating it when it was too hot). It was really good. It had some nice bite to it. 

One can see the Minion table mat. It is below the bowl. It was produced by my sister. There is also a colorful table mat that one can see above the bowl. She made that too. She is into quilting (something I want to do too - eventually). 

It might be a New England thing but it is not easy to find food in the northeast that has any real bite to it. It would indicate it is spicy hot on the menu but not really spicy hot but just spicy flavorable. Although good tasting is great but not when one is expecting some bite to it. 

My sister in law and now me think that food can be spicy but not in the heat area. There are lots of spices that one can use / bake with / cook with that does not have any bite to it all yet people equate spicy with the heat. Food can be spicy flavorable but not spicy hot (not talking about the heat when something is just out of the oven or off the grill but the bite of some ingredients). It is a pet peeve of my sister and I think it is becoming mine too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment