Monday, October 23, 2017

My Egg Concoction of 10-19-2017

I like trying different combinations of things. I use different food items that I find in the kitchen or in the food larder. Sometimes it is good and other times it is interesting. This is one of those times it was good.


I started with two eggs. I put them in the bowl and whipped them up. I used a fork. I think it works better than a spoon (just my opinion).

I like adding flax seed meal and bran meal to my pancake mix. I was told it makes it healthier. I don't think it impacts the taste, at least not in a negative way. I do not use a lot of either. I get them in small bags from the grocery store. 

I added some corn meal. I bought it at a grist mill in Plymouth MA. It is a historical mill. I bought a small bag of it. Adding it gave the omelet more of a pancake look to it. 

I added a few dashes / small spoonfuls of sweet relish. I thought it would be neat to make an omelet with it. It added some nice taste to it. It was a small jar of it and I wanted to use it before it went bad (actually it was past its expiration date but still very good (at least it smelled good before adding it). 

I went a little weird and added a little bit of mayonnaise to it. I think it made it a little creamy. I think it was a store brand mayonnaise. It wasn't bad and did not have a negative impact on the flavor of the concoction. 

I added some milk to it. It was not much. It was skim milk. It is a gallon container of it. 

I cooked it on a grill on the stove top. I used a square skillet with a non-stick surface. I cooked three of them. I put shredded Parmesan cheese between the layers. It looked more like pancakes than an omelet. It smelled like quiche. 

I also grilled two hash brown patties. I put two slices of cheese on it just before removing it from the grill. It melted the cheese. I ate it with some ketchup. It was pretty good. I got the hash browns from the grocery store. They were in the frozen food section. I kept them frozen till I grilled them. 

It was a nice breakfast. I don't know what to call it besides yummy. My tastes are different from others. What I might consider good tasting might not be so with someone else. 

I had tried something like this but using a waffle maker. I forgot to spray it before putting the mix in. It did not come out so well. It stuck to the waffle cooker. It was not a pretty site but it wasn't bad tasting, just odd looking. I did not photograph it. It was the merciful thing to do. 









I like Goofy but I think I am more the size of Pete; Goofy's friend
(in Goof Troop).

my art on things for sale in my Cafe Press store.

No comments:

Post a Comment