Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Barber Foods Scallop and Lobster Stuffed Chicken Brreasts

I was at the grocery store and discovered this. It is by Barber Foods. Not all their products were at the grocery store. This is the first time I came across this version. It is scallop and lobster stuffed chicken breasts. Their web site has a bigger selection than I have found at any one grocery store. To try them all, one would either have the grocery store order for you or order it directly from their site. 

The grocery store is one I go to on a regular basis. It usually has lower prices than other grocery stores or stores that sell food. Each area has some low cost food stores. In my area, it is Market Basket. Other areas might not have heard of Market Basket and I might not have heard of other area's low cost grocery store. Fortunately most similar items.  

Here is the box that it came in. It has the simple instructions on the back (or is it the side?). One just takes it out of the box and out of the bags. One preheats the oven to a certain temperature. One sets the timer for a certain time. One lets it sit for a couple of minutes and it is done.

Here it is just out of the oven. One places the stuffed chicken about 2 inches apart. I like to spray the pan with a cooking spray to make it easier to remove from the pan. It was really easy to lift it out and put on a plate. Each chicken does not seem very big. Perhaps it is assumed that each one is a portion size? With me (not exactly a little guy), two would be a portion size. 


Here they are on a plate. They are sliced open. One can see how they are stuffed with scallops and lobster. It was really good. One could taste the scallops and lobster. I think it went well with the chicken breasts. 

I guess they would be a single portion - a single stuffed chicken portion - if one had other things with them; like a salad and/or vegetables; making a 'square meal'. Since I only had them, two was a single portion for me. If one at only one plus small portions of other food (appetizers, salads and/or deserts), it could be a single portion part of a balanced meal. 

Knowing how to use the oven has been a boon for me and expanded what I could prepare, cook and eat. It has expanded my horizons and - unfortunately - my waist line (but I am working on the waistline). One must balance out the food with the exercise (walking, bike riding, etc).  

I will be searching for the other varieties that they have online at an off line store. There are different ones in my area so I will be checking with each one to see what variety they carry. Once found, I will prepare, cook and dine on them with the intent on blogging about them; both here and on Facebook. 

Big Guy Eating is both eating out and eating in. Since I like to eat and I like to blog, why not a blog on eating. Perhaps one day I can figure out how to make money with it so I can just do what I like; eating and blogging. 

a site about me
like me, a work in progress


my art that Cafe Press has put on items
that they sell through my store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment