Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Barber Foods Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I found this at the grocer store. It is broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts by Barber Foods. It was in a freezer section of the grocery store. Unlike - it seems - most guys, I don't mind shopping. I am amazed what one can find if one just looks around. 


Here is the box with the broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken breasts. The box wasn't too big for what was inside. The items fit snugly within the box. It was easy to open the box and remove the frozen items from the bags. 

One has to be careful opening boxes like above. Once I cut my finger trying to get the box open. It was a minor cut but I learned a major lesson. One needs to be careful when opening these types of boxes. 


Here they are about to be placed in the oven. As per the instructions, they are not only out of the box but also out of the bags they came in. It is hard to tell the size of each one but they are not really big. Perhaps each one is a portion size.

I like to spray the pan with a cooking spray. I like using Pam but also like using the store brand. It seems both work quite well and are easy to use. 


Here it is sliced open after they were take out of the oven (after resting for a minute or two). One can see the broccoli and cheese. It was stuffed with a good amount. It was easy to cut open. It was tender. It was not dry but it wasn't too moist either. It was in between. It was delicious. The broccoli was cooked just right; not too long or too little. The cheese was not overwhelming the chicken or the broccoli. 

The portion size was good. For me, both breasts would be one portion. For other people, a single stuffed breast would be one portion; they might have eaten other things with it. 

Since I have learned how to use the oven, I am into baking more. I was using the range for making things and not it has expanded into using the oven. It was easier than I thought it would be. It is electric so I don't have to worry about fumes (something I worried about in the place I had / lived in before; it had a gas stove but no vents for the exhaust. 




home site of Big Guy Eating
I am more than a big guy who eats



my Cafe Press art store
where images of my art is printed on items for sale

No comments:

Post a Comment