Thursday, July 27, 2017

Four Appetizers At Sea Level Oyster in Newburyport MA

I was waiting for a device to charge at a bank and went for lunch. Since Sea Level Oyster was withing walking distance of the bank and I wanted to try it since it had opened recently. Sea Level Oyster is a nice restaurant that isn't far from the boardwalk. There is seating in back on their back porch. It has a view of the boardwalk and the Merrimack River. Since it was raining, I had lunch at the bar. One can see the televisions.

I had four appetizers. I ordered three but accidentally received a fourth one. One came before the other three - the one I did not order but got. The plates were not huge. They had a nice amount of food on them. Except for the fried clams - which seemed big for an appetizer, most was what I would consider reasonable in size. I am not one for appetizers that are as big as an entree.
This is baked clams. I got it by mistake but I am glad I did. It was really good.  I tried to pay for it but they insisted it was their mistake. I wanted to pay for it since I ate it even though I knew I had not ordered it. 

This is chowder fries. I have heard of poutine fries but not chowder fries. I think this is a delicious variation of it. It has clam chowder on it with clams in shells. I am glad they had this variation. 

This is the crab cake. It was big. It was delicious. The crab cake was on top of a sauce. It made it taste even better. The chips - left side of photo - taste like they made it themselves. It did not taste like anything one buys in bags. The green was pretty good. It had a light sauce on them. 

By the time I got to the fried clams, I had eaten the other three. I did give it a try. It was good. One can tell they used whole clams and not minced ones. Whole clams are better than minced ones but minced ones are good if one has false teeth and/or trouble eating the whole ones. 




a site on things I have an interest in
(it needs updating but I will get to that soon).


I chose different items that I put my art on that can be bought.
I want to take better photos of my art so I can increase the items that has them on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment