Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Sliders and Desert at Mission Oak Grill in Newburyport MA



I was treated at Mission Oak Grill for my birthday by my sister in law and friend Sheila Kataria Mullins (who is a personal cook [in the Newburyport MA area] - a very good one - Valley Patriot, Sheila's Recipe Corner).

Mission Oak Grill is a really nice place. It is in the ground floor of an old church in Newburyport MA. Parking is on the street or one can walk to it from a parking area nearby. The interior is warm and inviting. The seating is comfortable. The service is polite and attentive. They use the auditorium upstairs for events and parties.
There is a variety of seating available. 

This is the jumbo shrimp cocktail. The shrimp were big, jumbo in size. One gets three of them. It is unique in that the straighten out the shrimp. The cocktail sauce isn't your ordinary sauce. It was different (in a good way) from what one gets at the store. It was delicious and had a nice bite to it.

This is the sliders that I ordered. There are three and each one is different. They were really good. One could add the pickles, tomato and lettuce if one so desired. I ate them separately. It came with French fries and a small container of ketchup. The sliders was a nice size and tasted great. It was well done. The fries were cooked just right. I liked the ketchup. 
This is the desert. I think it was a fudge brownie. I shared it with my sister and friend. Sharing kept me from having too much of it. It was my guilty pleasure. As a diabetic, I had to be careful of such rich foods but I compensated by walking later that day (I still felt it later but it was worth the slight pain).


There are lots of nice eating places in Newburyport MA (as well as stores).


a site about me. 



my art - sort of - for sale


No comments:

Post a Comment