Wednesday, October 18, 2023

My English Breakfast by Me - one of my first attempts at it.

 I had an English breakfast on the Norwegian Cruise Line Pearl. It was at their O'Shearns restaurant. One of the options was an English breakfast; which had - in my opinion - perfect portions. I am trying to replicate it as best as I can at home. It will probably take a lot of tries with many that are okay to almost as good. Here is one of those attempts. 


I get the pan - a cast iron one that I like to use - heated up before cooking on it. I have a small timer that is set for 5 minutes. I want to make sure the pan is hot instead of waiting for it to heat up while I am trying to cook on it. It also gives me time to get things - in this case ; eggs, muffins, hash browns and other things - before I start cooking.

I like baked beans I sometimes get the Bush's no sugar added baked beans.
It was really good. The portion was bigger than what they had on the cruise line. 

I like to fry eggs. I like them over easy. This time I used Egglands Best eggs. 
I preheat my cast iron pan. I put butter on the pan then the eggs. I cook them one at a time. 
I put salt (Himalayan salt) and pepper on them when they are cooking.
The yolk usually doesn't break but it can be tricky; knowing when to flip them.

I used Thomas's English muffins. They were on sale. They are really good.
I put butter on them. They seem to taste better when they are on sale.

Here are the hash browns. They are in the frozen section of the grocery store.
I tried using the toaster to cook them but it came out 'soggy'.
I fry them after I fry the eggs. They came out a lot crunchier. 
I might try the oven but I fried them. Since the frying pan was already hot,
why not use the pan? 

I didn't put ketchup on it. It has ketchup in it. It is the Mayochup from Heinz
It is a combination of mayonnaise and ketchup. It is neat finding it in a bottle. 
I usually combine them myself. 

They have other great combinations. I have tried some but not others.
It is not easy finding all their combinations at any one store.




TomLeeM


2023 / 10 / 18 





No comments:

Post a Comment