Friday, January 22, 2021

Dimillo's On the Water in Portland Maine - Twin Lobsters and the Special

 

When we were there, we didn't really see this since it was dark and snowing. I want to go back so I can see what it looks like during the day when it is not snowing plus it would be great to eat there again. 

we ate at DiMillio's On The Water in Portland Maine. My brother and I was at L.L. Beans store and came here afterwards. We were going to a different place but it had already closed for the night. We saw this place and wanted to try it. It is really cool since it is on a converted ferry. It is really cool inside. The food was really good. There wasn't a lot of people there but that could be because it was snowing out. We felt the rocking of the ferry while eating. One can see parts that was the ferry. I think they did an excellent job. There was a gift shop on the dock of the ferry. We bought a few things there.

This is what I ordered. It was really good. It was the special. It sounded really good. I wish I could remember what it was but new that it sounded really good when the wait staff told me it. My taste buds were really thankful that I ordered it as well as my tummy. 

My brother ordered the twin lobsters. It came with melted butter and lemon slices. He really enjoyed them. He had a bib for when he ate them but forgot to put it on. It was not easy for him to get it open. He is glad he did. 
Here he is holding the bib but after he ate the lobsters. He didn't see the bib till after he had consumed the seafood. He had a face mask on when we entered and left. It is off while he ate. I took mine off to so I could eat. 
He got the mashed potatoes with gravy as a side dish. He was barely able to eat all of it. The two lobsters was filling. 

Here is an inside photo. This is toward the middle of the room. There was lights that caused a slight glare for the photo but one can see how nice it is. 

There are tables near the windows / walls where one can see the boats outside along the pier that the restaurant is on. It was snowing out and at night. One can still see the boats. 

This was on the side where we sat. It looked really nice. There was a gentle rocking of the boat / ferry the restaurant is in. We could still eat without any problem. 

I tried to take a photo of the boats outside. The light reflecting from inside made it difficult. One can see the boats rocking whenever there was a wave. It only rocked the boat / ferry where we were. 

They did comply with all the rules. It was - in my opinion - safe to eat inside. It was also a great experience too. I think one an eat inside and feel safe while experiencing the restaurant and the food. 

We had face masks when we entered and left the restaurant. They had cleaned everything before we got to the tables. I saw the cleaning supplies. The wait staff wore face masks when they got our orders and brought the food out. The tables were set apart and people were at tables that were apart from other tables. In my opinion, they did everything to keep people safe. 





Big Goofy Guy
(I am big, I am a guy and I like Disney's Goofy).


my web site and online store need a lot of work. I will do my best to update both. 














No comments:

Post a Comment