Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Grilled Rock Fish with Hollandaise Sauce, Garlic Spinach and Mashed Potatoes at Mt Vernon in DC

My brother and I visited Mount Vernon; where George Washington lived. It was a really great place to visit. I took a lot of photos. When we had completed touring the place, we had lunch at the restaurant there. The waiter was friendly and did a great job.

Here is a napkin from the restaurant. It shows us that we were there; sort of.


This is the soup I ordered. It was really good. It was the butternut squash soup with spiced cream and candied pecans. I had the cup of it. I wish I had the bowl. I liked the crackers that came with it.

Here one can see the garlic spinach and mashed potatoes. The spinach had the right amount of garlic and creaminess. The mashed potatoes was flavored really well. 

I had the grilled rock fish with Hollandaise sauce. It was the special and I ordered it since it sounded really good. It was as good as it sounded. The grilled fish was done right. The garlic spinach was good and the garlic was not overpowering. The mashed potatoes was creamy. It had some small lumps but I liked them. 

This is what my brother ordered. He really liked his sandwich. I don't remember which one he ordered. It might have been the George Washington cheddar burger with bacon added. 

Here is part of the menu. It is the lunch menu. One can go to the link posted above for the menu. 

Here is the other part of the menu. The picture doesn't show much but one can check out the menu from the link I posted above.




Here I am at the Inn at the George Washington Mount Vernon. It is cozy place. It wasn't fancy but nice and elegant. The restaurant was in the visitor area near the gift shop (which was bigger than expected and had some really nice things).






No comments:

Post a Comment