Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Mushroom Steak Sub, Fried Shrimp and Fried Onions at Pomodori.

There is a new restaurant in Newburyport MA called Pomodori. It replaced a restaurant that I never really got to try. I think they did a great job renovating the building they are in. I thought it was a certain type of food but turned out to be way more than that. They have a nice variety of items.

This is the mushroom steak sub that I ordered with onions. It was really good. It has a lot of steak. I was thinking it would be sliced meat but this came out just as good (perhaps better?) than expected. 

The food was served on simulated newspaper print on a small metal tray. It is a light metal tray since it was easy to carry and not heavy. I think the way it was served added to the atmosphere of the restaurant. It has a casual feeling to it. 

This is the fried shrimp that I ordered. It has a nice coating of breading. The bread was thick and stuck to the shrimp. It was delicious. I just wished there was more tartar sauce. It was used up quickly. 

This is the fried onions that I ordered. I was not really impressed with it. The breading was not really thick. It did not stick to the onions. The flavor was okay. Unless it changes, I won't be ordering it again (especially with other items that were way better). 

Here is the menu they had. It shows their information. I am not sure the website is up yet. I have tried it and it did not come up.
Here is the back of the menu. There is a more detailed menu behind the counter where one ordered ones food. As it indicates, a full menu is coming soon (?). 

Here is the counter where one ordered ones meal. One can see the screen with the full menu in the upper left section. One can also see the seating area too. It is a cozy place. The service was friendly. The food was reasonably priced. 






No comments:

Post a Comment