Monday, March 5, 2018

China Wok of Newburyport MA

The China Express restaurant closed, was redone and re-opened as the China Wok. The China Express was not very good; mediocre at best. It had just opened when I decided to give it a try. I am glad I tried it. The food was not only better but also the service. 



This is the asparagus with garlic sauce. I had wanted the eggplant with garlic sauce but they were out of it. Since I also liked asparagus, I did not mind the substitution. It was very good. I ate some and save some for later. It was a delicious way to eat ones vegetables. It wasn't just asparagus but also water chestnuts and bell peppers. The sauce brought it all together.

This is the crab Rangoon. It had a nice filling and a crunchy exterior. The sauce was good with it. It was just the right amount for an appetizer. It did not fill one up so one could not eat the main entree. 

This is the egg drop soups with chicken. Normally egg drop soup does not contain chicken but this addition made even better. One could eat it with a spoon or just pick it up and drank from the container which is what I did. 

There are times I like to get dumplings in my egg drop soup. One Chinese buffet allows you to do so. There are times it is on their menu as 'egg drop soup with dumplings'. I have never asked if they could add it to the egg drop soup (next time I will ask to see if they will do it). 

As one can tell by the photos, the food is in containers. One has the choice of eating in or taking it home. I chose to take it home. The eating area is small but it looked comfortable. They have some nice art work in the eating area.

Some places have containers that can be re-used. I like to reuse them to hold food when I have leftovers from cooking or other takeouts. 

These have an Asian theme to the art. 

These two are on opposing walls. When one enters, one is on the left and the other is on the right.  They look really nice. 










No comments:

Post a Comment