Monday, March 5, 2018

All American Tavern in Salisbury MA

I was going to go to The Deck but it won't be opened till May 16th and The Vasa wasn't open till supper and did not have a lunch time till Friday and the weekends. I chose All American Tavern since I have passed it but never stopped there even though I wanted to try it. 

The outside doesn't seem like much but it is nicer on the inside. The decor is simple and nice. It seems to attract a lot of people. It was warm and inviting. The service was friendly. The prices are reasonable. 


This is the American onion soup. It is the American version of the French onion soup. Onion soup baked in the oven with toasted rye bread and melted American and provolone cheese (copied from their online menu). It was really good. I glad I tried it.


It is a generous portion of fries with bacon, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses served with ranch dressing (copied from the online menu). It was a lot more than expected. It was really good. I could only eat about half of it. If I had finished it all, I would not have been able to eat the main entree. 

I think it was meant for at least two people. Both the person I was with and I was given a small plate to eat it with. Normally I prefer smaller sized appetizers. I think an appetizer should give a taste but not fill you up. 

I took the rest of it home and my brother consumed it without a problem. He said it was good after reheating it. 

This is the Herb burger. I thought it was neat since I named my car Herb (a shortened version of Herbie - the name of the Disney Love Bug [VW Beetle] - since they both have rear wheel drive rear engine cars [Herb is a Smart Fortwo]. I learned it was named after Herb who had started the restaurant and was still working there even though he was in his 80's. 

I chose the rice with spinach since I had the cheese fries. It was good. It wasn't dry like some rice. 

Herb is loaded with sauteed peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheddar cheese (copied from the online menu). It was really good. It is a big sandwich. It was filling. I like the tomato and lettuce on it too (makes me feel like I am eating something healthy). 











No comments:

Post a Comment